Time: 1.5 hrs
The new EGT sensors came a few days ago and today I had some time to fit them. I think the new sensors will work better. These have a shorter lead so I purchased some K Type wire to extend them. they are also a bit easier to remove since the bolt holding them in is separate from the sensor body so you don’t have to turn the whole sensor (including the leads) to get it out. The only thing I don’t like as much is that the sensor has a 90 degree bend and so I can’t route the wire the same way I had routed it with the old sensor. I think they may work better on the front mounting holes, but from what I read the rear holes have a bit more accurate reading so I want to keep them in the back. I think the way I mounted them should work OK. I don’t want to take too much of the bend out of them in fear that I’ll break it.
NOTE: I thought I had a photo of the installed EGT, but I guess not. I’ll take one tomorrow and upload it.
The other thing that came were the fuel lines. Wow these are excellent quality fuel lines. Steve even used the blue fire sleeve that I wanted. They usually use the orange type of sleeve. I think all the lines will fit fine, the only ones still in question are the ones that screw to the fuel pumps since I don’t have those built up yet, but it seems like they will all work. I’ll come up with a more detailed install of the fuel lines when I actually do the install.
The new EGT sensors have an adapter that screws into the M8 thread and then the sensor bolt screws onto the adapter. I used some high temperature anti-seize (copper color) on the threads so that they don’t rust up and are hard to remove. I don’t know what the torquing on these should be so I just got them reasonably tight.
The new EGT has a much shorter lead so it will be easier to replace it if I have to. These are made by MicroFlight (Micro-1000)
The EGT has a 90 degree bend and I didn’t want to take the bend out. Think this will still work fine running the wire up between the cylinder heads.
A short of the fuel lines running between the firewall and the gascolator and fuel pump location. These will need to be torqued and secured.
All the fuel lines in and out of the FT-60 seem to work as well. I need to make a proper bracket for the FT-60.
A few photos of the -4AN line running from the tee (connected to the fuel regulator) into the fuel flow sensor. You can also see (in the upper photo) the short connector hose that feeds the tee from from the fuel regulator.
The -6AN return run has a special banjo fitting that Steve made. You can’t buy a stainless steel 10mm Banjo to -6AN fitting anywhere, you can get aluminum one, but not stainless steel. I’ll need to get a photo of it when I do the install of the fuel lines.