NACA Ducts and Undercarriage Kit

Time: 2.5 hrs

Things done today:

  • Inventoried the undercarriage kit
  • Messed with undercarriage parts and reviewed manual
  • Drilled holes in NACA ducts

I went down to TAF at Torrance Airport today to get the undercarriage kit. They had a bit older kit in stock so I decided to take it rather then wait for one to come from South Africa. Not too much in the kit, just the parts for the wheels, landing gear and some brake parts like the reservoir and some lines and fittings. I decided I’ll paint up a few of the parts so I’ll do that in the next few days.

The other thing I did was to drill out the holes in the NACA ducts. I order some sikaseal from Amazon which I’ll us etc seal around the ducts so I’ll wait for that to come before I install them. I also ordered some aluminum tape to cover some of the left side front duct. The reason is that I want to install the Garmin GTP59 temperature probe and the body of the probe needs to be connected to the airframe as a ground. I could run an wire from the probe to the airframe, but I thought this might be a bit cleaner. So I’ll give it a try and see how it works… if not I’ll just use a wire.

My kit is a bit older so I have front and rear ducts. This is the right rear duct.

The front right duct

Inside of the right rear duct. I removed some of the primer so that the sikaseal will stick better.

And inside of the right front duct.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s