Pitch Servo Wiring

Time: 2hrs

Things done today:

  • Put pins on pitch servo wires
  • Started to disassemble the control sticks to fix tightness in aileron movement
  • Finished up front seat back

One of the parts I picked up from TAF Torrance was the side channel for the front seat. I had received one a few months ago, but TAF had updated the channel to a thicker aluminum and elimated the angle doubler piece. Since I had already built one seat back and had riveted the right side together of the other I wanted them to match. TAF was able to send the older style part so now the seat side all match. Now I just need to paint it grey along with the rear seat back and some brackets.

I also started to disassemble the control sticks in attempt to do a comprehensive fix. I’m going to try to go to Torrance TAF tomorrow to look at the control stick assembly from one of the kits there. Mine is a bit different then the other builders so I’m not sure if mine is supposed to have the stop collars. Also mine was assembled incorrectly with the control horn not all the way to the end of the tube. So now I’m  questioning everything about these parts. If the control sticks in the kit are significantly different then what I have Then may just see if in can take them and go through the process of removing mine and swapping them out. If not then I may be able to fix mine in some capacity. It sucks to have this issue come up again so far into the build, at least I didn’t rivet the sides on to the fuselage yet, so swapping them out isn’t too difficult.


This is the source of all my control stick issues. If you find the 2 rivets on the right side of the photo. Those rivets attach the control horns to the control tube. Notice there’s about 1/4″ of tubing past the end of the bracket. That should really be flush to the end of the tube. The 1/4″ is causing all kinds of problems.

I also pinned the wiring for the pitch AP servo. I need to look at the pin assignment in the G3X install manua so I can put the pins into the DB15 connector.

All pinned and labeled. Just need to look at the pin outs for the DB15 connector to see where the pins go.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s