Things done today:
- Installed receptacle side (spring) of the DZUS in luggage support channel
- Riveted the luggage support channel
- Tightened rudder cable sheathing… had to remove center fuselage side for that
- Had to readjust the rear control stick bracket aileron movement…. was a bit tight.
- Installed heat shrink T boot
- Installed CHL-039 and luggage support channel
One thing that was a bit troubling was that I noticed the aileron control was a bit tight. This must have happened when I put in the wood spacers in the main spar, but not really sure. The control sticks that came with my kit were a bit messed up, the control horns weren’t far enough back so I had to elongate the holes in the support brackets to get them to fit with free movement. Also I noticed that the other builders had stop collars on their control stick tubes, but mine didn’t. I assume they updated the design, but not really sure. In order to get the movement on the aileron to be free there was a little forward and back movement in the control stick assembly. I’m thinking that I may be able to put in a stop collar at least in the front to eliminate this forward and back movement. I ordered some anodized 1.5 ID aluminum pipe so more on this when that comes in.
I had previous drilled the missing holes in the vertical support for the luggage area, but when I went to rivet it the holes were a bit off. I upsized them to 4mm and added two 3.2mm rivets in between. The larger holes in the support channel are for the rivet ends on the rear seat.
The heat shink T boot arrived today so I finished figured I’d install it on the cablingbthat runs to the tail for the elevator trim and strive light. This T is where the 22AWG-2 wire for the trim motor breaks off to go to the pitch AP servo for auto trim. This is what the boot looks like pre-heat shrunk.