Time: 1.5 hrs
Things done today:
- Installed the bracket for the magnetometer
- Riveted rear bulkhead
- Test fit the luggage floor and drilled out a few missing holes in rib 3
- Riveted the rudder cable guides
Garmin magnetometer bracket mounted. I forgot to take the photo before I put in the luggage floor so the photo isn’t all that great.
The luggage floor fits well. It was a bit of a challenge getting it in though so I’ll try to leave it in here and just not rivet it yet. Besides having to run some cable I think it won’t get in the way too much.
Rudder cable riveted in place via the four plastic guides. Note that the cables cross in the lower left side of the photo.
Time: 0.5 hrs
Having pulled the bottom channel part from a fuselage kit at TAF Torrance a few weeks ago, I was finally able to finish up the rear seat back. I also modified the piano hinge so that it sits flush against the seat at the ends. When I built the rear seat I noticed that having the side channel parts on the outside of the skin fit much better. I don’t think this is how TAF or the builders built their seat back, but it seemed to work better for me. But having done this it made the bottom hinge not sit flush on the ends so a little cutting and filing made that better. Now I just need to give it a few coats on gray paint and then attach it to the seat bottom.
A photo of the modification to the piano hinge at the bottom of the seat back.