Throttle and Garmin AP Servo mounts

Time: 4.5 hrs

Things done today:

  • Primed rudder pedal assembly parts
  • Finished riveting rib 2 (Rear fuselage)
  • Reassembled throttle level on new mounting brackets
  • Fit brake valve and throttle into throttle plate
  • Swapped out standard AP servo mounts with Garmin ones

 

img_3121img_3119I had already done some assembly of the throttle, but since I upgraded to the toe brakes they sent me new mounting brackets that had all the adjustment holes in them. My old parts didn’t have the holes so I added them myself… I figured it would be better to use the new ones with the correct hole placement. I just loosely fit the handles on because I’ll need to take this apart again to put the cover decal on.

I had ordered the Garmin kit because I needed the mount for the GMU22 magnetometer, but didn’t realize there are different mounts for the AP servos. I had already put in the ones for the MGL so those had to be removed and the new ones installed.

img_3123

The one for the pitch (elevator) servo done. Soundproofing still intact.

img_3122

The one for the roll (aileron) servo done. I don’t think I need to change the right side one, but will see when I get the servos.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s