Fabricated the VOR mounting plate. I had purchase some T6 6061 0.81mm aluminum from Onlinemetals.com to use for the VOR mounting plate. The fabrication was pretty straight forward. I traced Rib 4 onto the aluminum sheet and then cut it with a Jigsaw. Then a lot of filing to get it to fit. I should have waited until I had made the plate to drill the main screw holes in the rib so that they would have lined up perfectly, instead they are a little off, but not too bad. I think it came out pretty good. I’m not much of a metal worker.
I will put some kind of strain relief for the RG400 cable that attaches to the antenna, but I’m not sure what I will do. Maybe I’ll make a simple bracket out of aluminum and put a grommet in it and rivet it to the rib/plate.
Next step is to rivet the plate to the rib and mount the VOR antenna to this assemble. Then I need to do the cut outs in the skin for the antenna elements.
Also worked on the Elevator trim tab. Riveted the piano hinge and control horn then filed and cleaned up some of the edges.